NBA Playoffs: Miami Heat also win game 2 against Philadelphia – Sixers
Without Joel Embiid, there was nothing to get again for the Philadelphia 76ers in Miami. Thanks to a safe 119:10 success, the HEAT have secured 2-0 series management. With the Sixers, the shoot is completely canceled again, Miami convinces as a team.
- Miami settles – Sixers -Orese is missing the punch
- the most important statistics
- The star of the game: Victor Oladipo
- The flop of the game: Danny Green
- the scene of the game
- Miami Heat (1) – Philadelphia 76ers (4) 119: 103 (boxcore), series: 1-0
- NBA Playoffs: Heat vs. Sixers – The series at a glance (2-0)
Bam Adebayo led the home side with 23 points (7/11 FG) and 9 rebounds as the best scorer, followed by Jimmy Butler, who scored 14 of his 22 points (8/15 FG) in the second half and distributed 12 assists. But the bank around Tyler Herro (18) or Victor Oladipo (19) also provided strong support from the bank.
Defensively, Miami presented the Sixers, in which Joel Embbiid was again lacking in the face due to a fracture. In the final section, Philly only hit 33 percent out of the field, and downtown went almost nothing. Even James Harden could not put his stamp on the game despite some good phases.
The Beard ended the game with 20 points and 9 assists at 6/15 from the field, the most hardworking point collector of the guests was Tyrese Maxey (34, 12/22 FG). Tobias Harris also delivered again (21, 9/17 FG), but otherwise the role players did not get enough. The Sixers have to hope for an early comeback by Embiid in order to still have a chance in this series.
As expected, Miami had to do without Kyle Lowry (thighs) again, Embiid was missing from the Sixers. Despite criticism, Coach Doc Rivers again rely on Deandre Jordan as a center replacement in the Starting Five. After all, Philly got off to a much better start compared to game 1, played with good pace. Only when the reservists came on the floor did Miami slowly take control in the form of a 9: 2 run in the final minutes of the first quarter (31:24).
Miami settles – Sixers -Orese is missing the punch
However, the typical playoff energy was missing on both sides, the guests had problems with Miami’s zone defense in the middle of the second quarter. Herro, Butler and Victor Oladipo increased to +14 for the heat. However, the Sixers showed a sign of life in the form of good Maxey attacks or Georges Niang, who finally sank his first three of the series in the tenth attempt. Miami nevertheless went into the half-time break with a 60: 52 lead.
After the change of sides, Harris continued his previously strong playoffs, but he could do little against a corner of Tucker and a light floater from Adebayo. Again, Miami took 15 points, but then ensured that the two -digit lead remained – 91:80 for the heat after three passes.
Now it was Maxey who kept the guests in the game with his scoring, but otherwise the offense found no rhythm – also because Victor Oladipo sometimes showed strong defensive scenes against hard. On the other side of the court, he confirmed his good appearance with a corner vier in the middle of the fourth quarter, who put the icing on an 11: 2 run of the Heat after a butler alle-op (104: 86).
Harris was the only one who still exuded danger from the distance from the Sixers. After all, the Big shortened -10, but that was no longer enough. Another Oldapio triangle finally made everything clear. In the night of Saturday, the Sixers are already under pressure in game 3 in Philadelphia.
the most important statistics
Miami Heat (1) – Philadelphia 76ers (4) 119: 103 (boxcore), series: 1-0
- The Sixers actually did not show a bad performance, the rebounding was not a big problem, and the guests also took care of the ball very well (only 10 gymnastics). The big problem was (again) the shoot. In game 2, only 8 out of 30 trial trials found their way through the Reuse, and Philly is over the entire series with a lean three rate of 21.9 percent (14/64).
- But not only the threesome, generally the jumper did not want to fall for Philadelphia. The Shotchart of game 2 only showed a green area in the restricted area, otherwise the Sixers were in 6/16 in the zone (apart from the rested area), at 3/10 from the rest of the two and then with 3/14 corner riders. Outside the restricted area, the litter quota was only 30.4 percent.
- Although Philadelphia had an advantage on the points in the zone (54:42), the three-fold deficit could not be compensated for. Compared to game 1, the Heat found better into their rhythm and sank 14/29 threesome (48.3 percent).
- Just like at the start of the series, Miami was again able to look forward to a significantly better production from the bank. Led by Tyler Herro, but also thanks to the strong Oladipo, the Heat reservists marked 52 points who only came up with 19 points. In game 1, the duel of the benches ended with 42:21 – Herro alone has more points than the entire Sixers -Bank (43:40) in the entire series.
The star of the game: Victor Oladipo
Difficult to highlight an individual in the strong Heat team construct. That’s why the choice falls on Oladipo this time, simply because the story is so beautiful. After a long injury -related suffering, he only celebrated his comeback in March, now he has an important impact in the playoffs. Strong defense against hard, good shoot in the offense – really good appearance of the 30 -year -old.
The flop of the game: Danny Green
The veteran symbolized the Sixers’ shooting problems. Catastrophic 1/9 from Downtown ultimately recorded the statisticians behind his name (-18), Philly must definitely find a rhythm from a distance from his own audience. Also weak: Georges Niang, who follows up in just 10 minutes.
the scene of the game
Sometimes it can be so simple: a simple screen in the back of harden was enough to obtain the Sixers Defense. So Butler got a free way into the zone away from the ball, Adebayo played a perfect pass, Jimmy Buckets hammered the Alley-Oop through the Reuse. One of the few scenes that the heat fans really put in ecstasy.
NBA Playoffs: Heat vs. Sixers – The series at a glance (2-0)
|1||3. May||1.30 a.m.||Miami Heat||Philadelphia 76ers||106: 92|
|2||5. May||1.30 a.m.||Miami Heat||Philadelphia 76ers||119: 103|
|3||7. May||1 o’clock||Philadelphia 76ers||Miami Heat||–|
|4||9. May||2 o’clock||Philadelphia 76ers||Miami Heat||–|
|5*||11. May||TBD||Miami Heat||Philadelphia 76ers||–|
6| 13. May | TBD | Philadelphia 76ers | Miami Heat | –
7| 16. May | TBD | Miami Heat | Philadelphia 76ers | –
Articles and videos on the topic
* Back surgery! NETS star must be under the knife
* Experience the NBA live on DAZN. Register now! Can be canceled at any time.